Last-minute cards are my specialty.
As a person who thinks from the heart, I love to make cards over buying them. And card making with the Cricut Joy is a game-changer for those of us who get lost in the swirl of life’s busyness – and maybe a wee-bit of procrastination.
But guess what?
No one has ever commented with “Thank you for this 5 minute card”or“Did you make this before you flew out the door?”
What stands out is the effort made, not the time it takes.
After years of being in a time pinch, I honed my card making so I could whip up quick but beautiful handmade cards. But that all went out the window when I bought my Cricut Joy. I don’t sweat it anymore, in fact, I look forward to making cards last minute. Because I know that the Joy can cut a beautiful, swoon worthy card, in under 5 minutes.
How do you create cards on Cricut joy?
With Cricut Access™ , Cricut Joy Card designs are at your fingertips in Design Space.
But don’t feel limited by the pre-made designs in Cricut Access. I’ll show you how to upload SVG artwork using this floral pop-up (or pop-out) card.
*The button to download this file is at the bottom of this post
What you’ll need:
- Cricut pick tool
- Skewer or a curling tool.
How to use the Floral Pop Up Cut File in Design Space
Steps-by-step: how to make the floral pop up card
- Download the floral pop up card and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Prepare the card mat (*see how to use the Cricut card mat).
- Using a Cricut Card Insert card 4.25″ x 5.5″ – cut design with the Cricut Joy.
- Remove card from the Cricut Card mat using the spatula tool.
- Using the pick tool, knock out the circles in the flower center.
- With your fingers, gently pop up the inner and outer petals.
- Take the skewer and gently roll the inner and outer petals to create a soft curve.
- Add the Cricut Card Insert to the back of the card.
note: the card size in this tutorial is 4.25″ x 5.5″
How do you use the Cricut joy card mat?
The Cricut Joy mat is a snazzy two layered mat designed for pre-cut cards like the new Cricut Insert Card pack.
The front of the mat has a hard-to-see clear protective sheet, so remember to take it off before you cut and set aside (this will protect your mat when you are not using it).
The top layer of the mat is the sticky mat and holds the front of the card in place.
- Slide the pre-cut card between the two layers.
- Align the card on the card mat using the mat guidelines (there are 3 different card sizes printed on the mat) – make sure the card is snug against the side of the mat and in line with the top of the card mat.
- Press the top of the card to make sure the card is secure and won’t slide during the cut. I use a brayer instead of my hands to press the card. Dirt and oil from your hands, even when you can’t see, can and will transfer to the front card.
What size are Cricut Joy cards?
The Cricut Joy Insert cards are 4.25″ x 5.5″. But here’s the thing – you don’t *need* to use the Cricut Joy Insert cards. You can make your own pre-cut cards from card stock easy enough.
But you aren’t limited to that size only – there are two other sizes you can use to make cards on the Cricut Card Mat.
The three sizes you can use with the mat are:
- 3.5″ x 4.9”
- 4.25″ x 5.5”
- 4.5″ x 6.25”
Download Free SVG
And there you have it! A simple no-sweat last minute cards using the Cricut Joy.
Have questions? Let me know in the comments.